Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/10 16:16:18 UTC

[Lenya Wiki] Update of "HowToEditWithWebDAV" by EdithChevrier

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EdithChevrier:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToEditWithWebDAV

  }}}
  and it basically works. That means i could open, edit and save a document. Further it was not possible to save non valid xml. I did not test other CMS functionality as e.g. access control yet.

-
  == Known Problems / Things to fix ==
    * In order for the current webDAV interface to work, the client has to identify itself in the User-Agent header (the user-agent header needs to be selected as a webdav client in confpatch/selectors.xmap) and it needs to support http Basic Auth
    * Dreamweaver can't yet make new documents, for some reason it issues a MKCOL before putting a new document, MKCOL isn't handled yet.
    * Attempt to mount the default pub on the Mac (using mount_webdav) fails, I suspect that it doesn't like the disrespect Lenya has for the Depth header currently
     * AndreasHartmann: I could mount the pub using the "Connect to Server" feature of Finder, but wasn't able to save or copy files. Goliath ([http://www.webdav.org/goliath/]) showed the "authoring" folder, but then I got an "unknown connection error".
    * Assets can be retrieved via GET requests, but can't be PUT.  Don't really know how to handle that.
+   * While saving the document (cadaver) 2 revisons are created.