Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sa...@women-at-work.org on 2005/03/25 16:42:30 UTC

Middlegen or Hiberclipe. What r u using?

Hi there!

The Betterpetshop example used the Middlegen Plugin for generating the
hibernate files and java classes.

However, I do have problems with this plugin and it does not work properly,
crashes and it does not look very mature enough.

So I was looking for alternative plugins for Eclipse so generate all
xml and java files through the click of a mouse button.

I found the hiberclipse plugin and the hibernatesynch

http://www.binamics.com/hibernatesynch/

It works without any problems and it did generate me .hbm files and
java classes plus DAO and Proxy classes.

I could unfortunately not find any example of how to integrate it and how a
manager class would look like to tell the applicationContext.xml how to
initialize everything. Apart from that those classes are completely
different from what middlegen files look like and I am confused about
initializing them and using them within a tapestry application.

Has anyone got an example?

What are you guys using for your Tapestry applications? Middlegen or
Hibersyn ? Or is there also another tool?

Thanks!

Sarah