Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Harrison Tarr <ha...@connexta.com> on 2017/10/10 21:06:03 UTC

RE: How to put "properties" on a message so they are accessible later

Hello again,

I wanted to follow up on this as I've done some more experimenting. I've found that when I use the Core protocol or Openwire protocol, everything works as expected. I am able to use the "setStringProperty" in my ActiveMQServerPlugin and it adds a header that I can then access in my Camel consumer code. However, if I try to add a property to a message that was sent using the AMQP protocol, it does not stay set on the message. It appears to me that this is because the AMQP message is more protected? Maybe it has all of the data in an immutable ByteBuffer? I've tried using the "reencode" method on the org.apache.activemq.artemis.protocol.amqp.broker.AMQPMessage class, but it causes an error; it can't parse the message back out, it says something about an unknown constructor. (Being handled here https://github.com/apache/qpid-jms/blob/master/qpid-jms-client/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/jms/provider/amqp/AmqpConsumer.java#L496)

Justin, I've looked at the remoting interceptors. I think I decided against using them because it does not expose as much information to me as I wanted. I'm specifically trying to take the authentication credentials and then create some kind of authentication token to attach to the message that I can then use in my consuming code.

Regards,
Harrison Tarr

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
We could add a new method call to the plugin... something like replaceMessage.

With that on hand you could then convert the AMQPMessage to a Core
Message using message.toCore().. and return the transformed message.

The message wouldn't be an AMQP message any longer from that point
on.. it would eventually be converted back to whatever other message
protocols it leads on the other side...  it would of course have some
performance impact but it would work.

Clebert Suconic

Re: How to put "properties" on a message so they are accessible later

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harrison Tarr <ha...@connexta.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.