Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "R.Smits" <R....@tudelft.nl> on 2008/03/12 16:19:21 UTC

Pyzor and cloudmark

Hello,

Has anyone got experience with the spamassasin plugin from cloudmark ?

Is anyone using pyzor ?

We are looking at these add-ons for spamasssassin. Pyzor looks old...
(last version from 2002)

Greetings... Richard Smits
Technical University Delft

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, March 12, 2008 16:30, R.Smits wrote:

> I have just discovered DCC .
> Looks a lot better :-)

sure do, we are all here to help later even if it looks good later olso

> Sorry i've asked.

Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

RE: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

>>> I have just discovered DCC .
>>> Looks a lot better :-)
>>
>> they are very different things. I advise using both (or, all three)
>
> Since I witnesed slow responses and timeouts from Pyzor (yes, also with
> the alternative server) I'd only recommend Razor2 and DCC.

You can run with private Pyzors also, runs just fine.

Bye,
Raymond.

RE: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Rob Sterenborg <R....@netsourcing.nl>.
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 12.03.08 16:30, R.Smits wrote:
>> Forget it....
>>
>> I have just discovered DCC .
>> Looks a lot better :-)
>
> they are very different things. I advise using both (or, all three)

Since I witnesed slow responses and timeouts from Pyzor (yes, also with
the alternative server) I'd only recommend Razor2 and DCC.

>>> Has anyone got experience with the spamassasin plugin from
>>> cloudmark ?
>>>
>>> Is anyone using pyzor ?

Grts,
Rob

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 12.03.08 16:30, R.Smits wrote:
> Forget it....
>
> I have just discovered DCC .
> Looks a lot better :-)

they are very different things. I advise using both (or, all three)

> > Has anyone got experience with the spamassasin plugin from cloudmark ?
> >
> > Is anyone using pyzor ?

Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by "R.Smits" <R....@tudelft.nl>.
Forget it....

I have just discovered DCC .
Looks a lot better :-)

Sorry i've asked.

Greetings...

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Ben Poliakoff <be...@reed.edu>.
* Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> [20080313 07:59]:

> > > Is anyone using pyzor ?
> >
> > both server and client here yes
>
> looking at it now, I got no PYZOR catches last day :(

FWIW, at our site PYZOR_CHECK fires on about 65% of all of our spam. We
had a total of 7523 hits for PYZOR_CHECK yesterday, just behind
RAZOR2_CHECK and BAYES_99.  We use local pyzor servers as well as the
"alternate" public server.

While the pyzor code base hasn't been actively updated lately I think
it's still a very valuable component in a SpamAssassin installation.

Ben
PGP fingerprint:      A131 F813 7A0F C5B7 E74D  C972 9118 A94D 6AF5 2019

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 13.03.08 15:44, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> i am unsure if that is not just razor ?

afaik it supports special features of commercial RAZOR version

> > Is anyone using pyzor ?
>
> both server and client here yes

looking at it now, I got no PYZOR catches last day :(

> > We are looking at these add-ons for spamasssassin. Pyzor looks old...
> > (last version from 2002)
>
> could olso just mean its stable

if it works, is securre and does not lead to FN, no problem.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Re: Pyzor and cloudmark

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, March 12, 2008 16:19, R.Smits wrote:

> Has anyone got experience with the spamassasin plugin from cloudmark ?

i am unsure if that is not just razor ?

> Is anyone using pyzor ?

both server and client here yes

> We are looking at these add-ons for spamasssassin. Pyzor looks old...
> (last version from 2002)

could olso just mean its stable

atleast it is here