Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jkida <jd...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 17:08:29 UTC

using RedirectMessageInterceptor with actionErrors

I have a question that I was hoping someone could confirm to make sure I
really do understand whats going on.

I am using a RedirectMessageInterceptor class i found from
http://glindholm.wordpress.com/category/struts-2/

The problem I am having is that whenever I use the addActionError call, and
return a result that uses redirectAction it causes the action I am
redirecting to not to fire, therefor half the page is not rendered
correctly.

My question is really is there any point of using redirectAction if you know
that the action that triggered the redirect has actionErrors? Is it possible
to have the actionErrors display on the redirectAction page and also have
the redirectAction actually fire?

Re: using RedirectMessageInterceptor with actionErrors

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Define "not firing", are you heeding the advice given regarding the
"workflow" interceptor?

Dave