Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2006/03/29 06:03:29 UTC

Perforce SCM fails when using URL with user id

Hello,

I can't use the $P4USER setting for the machines, and need to use a property
for it/specify it to the Perforce SCM plugin.

The format on the docs (http://maven.apache.org/scm/perforce.html) says:
  scm:perforce:[username@]host:[port:]path_to_repository

If I use the SCM URL format that includes a username, this is the error I
receive:

    [echo] Generating the Change Log...
maven-changelog-plugin:report:
    [echo] Generating the changelog report
    SCM Working Directory: [snipped the path]
    SCM Command Line[0]: p4
    SCM Command Line[1]: -p
    SCM Command Line[2]: [the user id]@[the ip]:[the port]
    SCM Command Line[3]: filelog
    SCM Command Line[4]: -tl
    SCM Command Line[5]: //[depot name]/[path]/...
    Perforce client error:
        Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
        TCP connect to [user id]@[ip address] failed.
        [user id]@[ip address]: host unknown.
    ChangeSet between 2006-02-26 and 2006-03-29: 0 entries

Is this working correctly?  What do I not understand about the SCM URL?