Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/01 13:22:04 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Change PIP template

Ok.

I'll draft a PR and link it here when I'm done. Thanks!

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
Great news: the PR containing the new template of the PIP has been merged.

All voters - please check to see the template is used.

The most important bit in the template is its header - please mind that
when reviewing PIPs. I'm quoting it here:

RULES
> * Never place a link to an external site like Google Doc. The proposal
> should be in this issue entirely.
> * Use a spelling and grammar checker tools if available for you (there are
> plenty of free ones)

PROPOSAL HEALTH CHECK
> I can read the design document and understand the problem statement and
> what you plan to change *without* resorting to a couple of hours of code
> reading just to start having a high level understanding of the change.

Thanks!

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
Bo, I need a review of the PR <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/19832>
:)