Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/09 08:31:45 UTC

[Axis2] Difference between mex-xxx.jar file and mex-xxx.mar file.

hi,

It seems like both mex-xxx.jar and mex-xxx.mar files have the same content.

Since mex-xxx.jar file contains a module.xml file it tries to deploy as a
module when the server starts up.
I think we need to remove module.xml part from the jar file.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] Difference between mex-xxx.jar file and mex-xxx.mar file.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 16:04, Amila
Suriarachchi<am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Amila,
>>
>> I would also like to point out that:
>> - there is a mex-xxx-impl.jar;
>> - the MAR file is not deployed to the (local|snapshot) Maven repository;
>> - the Maven build (and the type of artifacts) is not consistent
>> between mex, addressing, mtompolicy, etc.
>>
>> So we should agree on a consistent way to build the MARs and apply
>> that to all of them.
>
> +1
>>

>> One additional question: in which circumstances do you need the
>> mex-xxx.jar in the classpath without deploying it as a module?
>
> Generally any mar file can put to the class path and use it. This is useful
> in client side.
> Users can engage modules with out  creating a configuration context object
> and a repository.

Sorry, my question was not clear. I meant: in which circumstances it
is useful to have mex-xxx.jar in the classpath without the module.xml
file in it?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Amila,