Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2014/07/17 10:36:14 UTC

a thought for weekly news

I keep having this idea which might not be appropriate for the news, but kinda like it deserves a theme about Relaxing, not just couchdb but in general.

This might mean including a link about relaxing on holiday, practicing mindfulness or meditation, making your/other peoples lives easier, whatever comes to mind.

How do people feel about that?

—
Dave Cottlehuber
dch@jsonified.com
Sent from my Couch

Re: a thought for weekly news

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Hi,
I also support this idea, although I think its important to stay away from band wagons like mindfullness
Just “Relax” used in a wide variety of settings will keep the meaning of this one-word slogan building.
I also like Dave’s “sent from by couch”

I have followed the discussion on finding a new slogan and I think that is not a good ideas.
Right now Couchdb is lacking a communication strategy and the efforts are very much on the mechanicals of getting a blog up and running etc.
Trying to coin a new slogan without even defining the target group is not easy.

The visual and the name is a very good foundation
A free word play on “couch” and “relax” would be a much more up-to-date way of building the brand than coining slogans and adding new elements

Johs
https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4547164

Re: a thought for weekly news

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1 great idea. I think it will add more personality to the couchdb blog.
Plus it fits perfectly with the tagline.

Akshat Jiwan Sharma,
Independent Software Contractor,
(+91) 9654119771 | http://www.staticshin.com <http://staticshin.com>

Re: a thought for weekly news