Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Phan Le <pl...@xbiosystem.com> on 2006/06/02 01:37:29 UTC

ADF Faces + My Faces with Tiles

Howdy,

Has anyone integrated successfully ADF Face, My Face and Tiles?
I currently have a situation where My Faces alone works fine with
Tiles. But when I put ADF Faces in, Tiles is not working anymore.
Any idea or reference?

Thanks,

Re: ADF Faces + My Faces with Tiles

Posted by Phan Le <pl...@xbiosystem.com>.
Thanks Thomas but I tried this and it didn't work either.
I am trying to use Facelets instead. Anyone has experience on putting
Facelets to work with the ADF Faces built from maven?
Does the latest ADF Faces work with the ADF Facelets post on its
website? And any particular configuration I need to do?
Enclosed is my web.xml

   <context-param>
     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.adf.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE</
param-name>
     <param-value>false</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <!-- If this parameter is enabled, ADF Faces will automatically
        check the modification date of your JSPs, and discard saved
        state when they change;  this makes development easier,
        but adds overhead that should be avoided when your application
        is deployed -->
   <context-param>
     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.adf.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION</
param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <!-- Enables Change Persistence at a session scope.  By default,
        Change Persistence is entirely disabled -->
   <context-param>
     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.adf.CHANGE_PERSISTENCE</param-name>
     <param-value>session</param-value>
   </context-param>

  <context-param>
   	<param-value>
   		 /WEB-INF/spring_config.xml,/WEB-INF/spring_config_smartform.xml
   	</param-value>
   </context-param>

     <context-param>
     <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
     <param-value>.jsp</param-value>
   </context-param>

  <!-- Use for faceletes -->
   <context-param>
  <param-name>oracle.adf.view.faces.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER
</param-name>
  <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler
</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <context-param>
     <param-name>facelets.DEVELOPMENT</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <context-param>
     <param-name>facelets.VIEW_MAPPINGS</param-name>
     <param-value>*.xhtml</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <context-param>
     <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
     <param-value>/WEB-INF/faces-managed-beans.xml,/WEB-INF/faces-
config.xml</param-value>
   </context-param>

   <context-param>
   	<param-name>tiles-definitions</param-name>
   	<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles.xml</param-value>
   </context-param>

  <!-- Faces Servlet -->
   <servlet>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

  <filter>
     <filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>
     <filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.adf.webapp.AdfFacesFilter</
filter-class>
   </filter>

<filter>
	<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
	<filter-
class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
     <init-param>
         <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
         <param-value>20m</param-value>
         <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
             Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                     10k - 10 KB
                     10m - 10 MB
                     1g - 1 GB
         </description>
     </init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
	<filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>
</filter-mapping>

and faces-config.xml

<faces-config>
	<application>
		<locale-config>
			<default-locale>en</default-locale>
		</locale-config>
		<variable-
resolver>org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver</
variable-resolver>
	   <default-render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.adf.core</default-
render-kit-id>
	</application>

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.