Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/09 08:52:56 UTC

Reset SSH key support to access VM

A user VM can be associated with a SSH key pair while deploying that VM. A user can SSH into the VM using the SSH private Key. But there should be a provision to reset that SSH key pair corresponding to that VM, i.e., to associate a new SSH key pair to the VM. This feature aims to reset the SSH key corresponding to the VM. Please find the functional spec here at the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Reset+SSH+key+Functional+Spec

Please review and provide your feedback on this feature.

Thank you,
Harikrishna Pantala

RE: Reset SSH key support to access VM

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Thank you Rajesh

-ilya

--
Prasanna.,

RE: Reset SSH key support to access VM

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
I've read the reset ssh key spec, is this something proposed or already functional can be integrated into images?

Thanks
ilya
> A user VM can be associated with a SSH key pair while deploying that
> VM. A user can SSH into the VM using the SSH private Key. But there
> should be a provision to reset that SSH key pair corresponding to that
> VM, i.e., to associate a new SSH key pair to the VM. This feature aims
> to reset the SSH key corresponding to the VM. Please find the
> functional spec here at the link
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Reset+SSH+key+F
> unctional+Spec
>
> Please review and provide your feedback on this feature.
>
> Thank you,
> Harikrishna Pantala

So I know we have some software that exists for sucking in the ssh key
- and that's all well and good. I also know that cloud-init recently added CloudStack support - can we make sure that your feature works with cloud-init as well as the CloudStack-specific software?

--David

Re: Reset SSH key support to access VM

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.