Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 15:34:30 UTC

How to contribute javadoc and xdocs for the pluto portal driver subproject?

Hi, there,

Since I am learning to integrate Pluto into a portal server, i read some of
the Pluto portal driver's source code. As a reference implementation, the
container subproject is very important of cause, but I think the portal
driver subproject is also very important. It gives a good and complete while
easy-to-learn example about how to integrate Pluto. (Jetspeed is much more
complex than the portal driver, and the integration guide is far from enough
for Pluto integrators)

When reading the source, i found that some classes miss javadoc. Also, the
code is not clear enough. For example, when implementing the SPI, you have
created some classes which implement the interfaces with the same name.
Although you've used full-qualified class names, that makes the code a
little confusing. I am trying to refactory the portal driver subproject by
separating the SPI implementations, the object model implementations and
other things into different subprojects / packages and renaming the classes
that have the same name as in the container subproject. I have also added
some javadocs. The goal is to make the portal driver impl as simple as
possible, as clear as possible, and as easy-to-understand as possible.

I would like to contribute my work to Pluto, and I think that may be of some
help for those who want to integrate Pluto. But how to contribute?

Regards.
--

ZHENG Zhong
heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com <http://heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com>

Re: How to contribute javadoc and xdocs for the pluto portal driver subproject?

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
ZHENG,

I can go into more details after I get another RC4 release up, but, in
short, the best way to submit patches is to attach diffs (preferably
created by svn) to Jira issues.  These diffs should be against the head
revision and can include, code, incline documentation, or xdocs
documentation.

There's some pretty good documentation at:
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html about how the asf works.
  In there somewhere is some info on how to contribute.

Please let us know what additional questions you have.  We're always
open to more help!

David