Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/24 13:40:11 UTC

[SOURCE]: code repo move after graduation

Hi,

jira  issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5417 covers the
move of the source repository into the new final place as part of our
post graduation tasks.

I am thinking if we can and should rename it from "ooo" to "aoo" to
reflect the name "Apache OpenOffice" instead of "OpenOffice .org".

Any opinions?

Juergen

Re: [SOURCE]: code repo move after graduation

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.
Rob Weir wrote on Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:24:29 -0400:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM, jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Question:
> >
> > If have made a "svn co" on the incubator version, will I have to do a new
> > "svn co" on the new path, or will "svn update" (as usual) work ???
> >

> There is a command: "svn switch" that you will need to execute:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html
>

> Hopefully someone will send out the specific command once the tree is moved.

Assuming
  % svn info | grep URL
you'd run
  % svn switch ^/openoffice/foo

This will also update to HEAD as part of the operation.

Re: [SOURCE]: code repo move after graduation

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM, jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question:
>
> If have made a "svn co" on the incubator version, will I have to do a new
> "svn co" on the new path, or will "svn update" (as usual) work ???

There is a command: "svn switch" that you will need to execute:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html

Hopefully someone will send out the specific command once the tree is moved.

-Rob

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Question:

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 openoffice
>
> Ditto for bugzilla.

And maybe the blog, which is current:  http://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

Or ideally we would promote a shortcut URL like blogs.openoffice.org
and have it redirect.

> Pedro.
>
> ps. FWIW, it would've been nice to attempt to rescue the history and put it
> under the carpet (even just the SVN stuff was useful) but it's a lot more
> work than anyone would care to do at this point.

I don't think we lose any history.  It is just an svn mv.

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
+1 openoffice

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.

--