Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by monkey <su...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/15 20:37:35 UTC

apache

How can I get apache to interpret both php and html extenstions at the same time
for PHP and apache's virtual includes?

Basically I need an html and php file to be parsed for apache includes and php
includes.

I'm running Apache 2.

thanks in advanced for any assitance

Re: apache

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Jonesy wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:10:19 -0500, Brian Mearns wrote:
>> Sorry, I can't help with your problem, I just wanted to give a little
>> friendly advice about posting to the mailing list: The subject of your
>> email is "apache", which has an entropy of almost 0.
>
> Yes, one should always use the tried and true Subject: help!!!  :-)

Advertisement :
Let me add a reference from another list, but applicable at least in
part here too.
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=122823060425367&w=2
;-)

Re: apache

Posted by Paul Herring <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> wrote:
> Jonesy wrote:
>>
>> Yes, one should always use the tried and true Subject: help!!! :-)
>
> Or..
> URGENT!
> or
> ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!
> or
> I have a question.
>
> Those are always good :)

Or bypass the need to choose among them altogether by appending the
request for help to the end of a thread which has nothing to do with
the problem under consideration.

Sorry ;)

--
PJH

Re: apache

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Re: apache

Posted by Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net>.

Re: apache

Posted by Brian Mearns <me...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I can't help with your problem, I just wanted to give a little
friendly advice about posting to the mailing list: The subject of your
email is "apache", which has an entropy of almost 0. That is to say,
it conveys no information about what your problem is because the fact
that you're writing to the Apache mailing list implies that the
subject of the message is going to be Apache. You're more likely to
get a useful response if you provide a little more classification of
what your problem is.

Good luck resolving your issue.
-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/

Re: apache ssi & php in same file extensions

Posted by monkey <su...@yahoo.com>.
Nick Kew <nick <at> webthing.com> writes:

> monkey wrote:
> > (thank you for everyone on the clarification
> > on subject headings).
> >

> > Yes, Eric; as of now I am able to get apache to
> > parse .html and .php extensions
> > and work with apache includes.
>
> That's simple.  Use AddHandler to enable PHP, and
> either SetOutputFilter or FilterProvider/FilterChain
> for SSI.  See their respective docs for details
> (and alternatives).
>
> Oh, and don't overcomplicate what you're trying to do.

Thank you Nick. I was indeed over complicating it.

After reading up on AddOutputFilter, it resolved itself.

#********************
## APACHE
#********************
AddType text/html .html
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
Options +Includes

#********************
## PHP
#********************
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html

Much appreciated.

Re: apache ssi & php in same file extensions

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by monkey <su...@yahoo.com>.
(thank you for everyone on the clarification
on subject headings).

Yes, Eric; as of now I am able to get apache to
parse .html and .php extensions
and work with apache includes.

I am also able to get apache to parse .html and
.php extensions for php.

What I cannot do is get both .html and .php
extensions to work for apache includes and
php at the same time.

In summary, what settings do I need in the
htaccess in order for .html and .php
both to work with apache SSI and php?

As of now, I can only get either the apache
SSI includes OR the php to work, but not both
at the same time.

Re: apache

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:37 PM, monkey <su...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can I get apache to interpret both php and html extenstions at the same time
> for PHP and apache's virtual includes?
>
> Basically I need an html and php file to be parsed for apache includes and php
> includes.

How have you configured Apache to parse the .php?  Have you tried
duplicating it and wrapping it in e.g. a <Directory> container?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com