Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Cristian Petroaca <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 12:13:06 UTC

Roadmap

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a roadmap for Stanbol that would describe the
planned releases and features/bugs for the coming year.
I am also interested if there's a high level view of where is Stanbol going
in the future (more than a year).

Thanks,
Cristian

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Good question Cristian!

Releases:

* 0.12.1 could be released at any time. I just do not find the time to
start the release process. One of the main issues it that I have not
yet done a release myself so I expect to need more time in doing it.
* 1.0.0 Feature wise it is complete. AFAIK their are still some broken
things in the UI. So basically one would need to click all links and
fix broken things.

I would really like to do the 0.12.1 release together with Fabian
ASAP. But daily work gets always into the way ...

Roadmap (my personal one):

* Annotation Model: I was presenting the Fusepool Annotation Model as
possible replacement for the Stanbol Enhancement Structure at
ApacheCon. Their is even an Engine that can transform Stanbol results
to this Model [1].
* I plan to support Named Entity Linking for the FST linking engine.
Similar to the Plain linking mode introduced recently [2]

Things that would be nice (but I might/will not have time for it)

* Topic Classification (basically as described by [3] ... as this GSoC
project failed because the student disappeared right at the start)
* DBPedia 2015 index
* looking at Wikidata (now that freebase will merge will Wikidata)

best
Rupert

[1] https://github.com/fusepoolP3/p3-stanbol-engine-fam
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-1403