Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com> on 2007/10/26 01:29:37 UTC

Discretionary pricing

We have an OfBiz client who wants to allow special pricing for products
- available only at the order takers discretion. This does not apply to
orders received via the web which will use standard pricing.

1) One way to handle this would be to create multiple marketing packages
with the special price as the default price, and allow the OE person to
select one of these manually, if they wish. This would be cumbersome,
but workable.

2) Another way would be to use manual promotions, to provide a discount
for the product or perhaps all the products in the category (simpler
from a rule maintenance perspective). The OE person would then select
and run the promotion manually. To me this seems a better approach.

In either case, management wants to ensure that they can track how many
of these discounts are given and who gave them - so they can exert some
management control over excessive discounting.

Is there any better way to accomplish their objective- both in terms of
ease of use and management oversight?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
dtenerowicz@salmonllc.com

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
most everything is modular.
think of it as a tinker toy set.
the services allow a lot of reusable functionality
so by building some top level services you can possibly put the promos
in as a contact mech in a party ID.
it would take some brainstorming to get it done but the parts you need
are there.

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 10/26/2007 1:33 PM:

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
come to think of it look at agreements

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com>.

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes great !

Jacques

De : "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Good to know :-)

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
so this process will evaluate promotions as a whole on an order?
where can you set say a minimum Gross profit for an order based on promos?

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 10/25/2007 11:29 PM:

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Scott is right,

#2 is now supported in OFBiz (since last week).

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Discretionary pricing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.