Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org> on 2019/04/22 14:24:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Community XML; 5th Code Donation

I used to use the XML support with its visual schema editor quite a bit back in the day:
http://hg.netbeans.org/community-xml/file <http://hg.netbeans.org/community-xml/file>

Is this on the agenda to be moved over to Apache along with contrib and other repos? I don’t see it in 5g here (but did see it in 4e):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition>

Too, this seems like something which would be a good top level cluster or part of the basic IDE if brought over and we get it building again. Are there others who would be in favor of such a thing? Even though JSON and YAML are the hot kids, there is still a good bit of XML out in the wild, we even use it in NetBeans a lot, and I found those visual views quite useful.

Thanks,

Wade

Re: [DISCUSS] Community XML; 5th Code Donation

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes, everything will be donated.

Gj

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.