Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jeeads <je...@enterrasolutions.com> on 2007/12/11 10:40:30 UTC

maven-dependency-plugin unpack prior to generate-source AndroMDA

I would like to configure the maven-dependency-plugin to unpack a dependency
that contains templates I want to override prior to generating the source
code in AndroMDA.  Currently it does the unpacking into the directory I have
setup as a mergerLocation in my andromda.xml but the unpacking occurs after
the source is generated so it is being generated by the default cartridge
templates?  Is there a <phase> I can set that would force the unpacking to
occur prior to source generation or should I use a command line entry like:
mvn dependency:unpack install?  I tried using the
maven-remote-resources-plugin but it manipulates the .vm files in such a way
as to prevent me from using it and it also runs after the source is
generated?

Thanks
Jerry

RE: maven-dependency-plugin unpack prior to generate-source AndroMDA

Posted by jeeads <je...@enterrasolutions.com>.
Brian,
     Thanks agian  for the quick response.  I found that
<phase>validate</phase> works but it has to implied to the correct pom.
AndroMDA creates a project with 5 poms, root, app, common, core and mda.
The mda pom is where I implied the plugin to get it to work.  The calling
order of the poms is important when implying a plugin.

Thanks
Jerry

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by jeeads <je...@enterrasolutions.com>.