Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bill Tomlinson <bt...@rndsti.com> on 2002/12/10 20:09:08 UTC

RE: Application Modules and Path Prefix Mapping: eventually/alrea dy s upported?

> From: Gemes Tibor [mailto:gemes@regens.hu]
>
> 2002. december 10. 16:29 dátummal Bill Tomlinson ezt írtad:
> > In all the things I've read about the new application
> modules feature in
> > 1.1, there is always a caveat like "this only works with
> extention mapping
> > (*.do) not path prefix mapping (/do/*)".
>
> I reckon you wouldn't be able to make difference wheter it is
> a prefix mapping
> or a module reference in case of using modules.

Yes, Tib, I do appreciate the technical reasons for intially supporting only
extension mapping (difficulty in differentiating between prefix map and
module name). However, these technical reasons can be overcome. What I was
trying to get was an indication whether someone was planning to tackle this
problem before the 1.1 final release.

I'm looking for this information so that I can plan the 1.1 upgrade of my
application. (if someone is adding module path prefix support then I can use
modules, if not then I have three choices: 1. no modules 2. convert
application to extension mapping or 3. try to fix the problem myself)