Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com> on 2006/08/24 12:09:20 UTC

[OT] RE: Internet Explorer different browser windows different session ID ????

> From: Gerard Chiva [mailto:gchiva@prous.com]
> in both cases I open the new browser windows double-clicking on the
> navigator icon on my desktop.

Then it depends how the two browsers proceed from there and how they
store their cookies.  IE will run a second iexplore.exe process, which
has its own set of memory-resident cookies.

If you create the new window from each browser's File tab rather than
launching a new process, you should see the session being maintained.

Note that this is a browser issue, not a Tomcat issue, so I am marking
the subject as off-topic for a Tomcat list.

		- Peter

Re: [OT] RE: Internet Explorer different browser windows different session ID ????

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240928

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Gerard Chiva <gc...@prous.com>.
Thank you,

Peter Crowther wrote:
>> From: Gerard Chiva [mailto:gchiva@prous.com]
>> in both cases I open the new browser windows double-clicking on the
>> navigator icon on my desktop.
>>

> Then it depends how the two browsers proceed from there and how they
> store their cookies.  IE will run a second iexplore.exe process, which
> has its own set of memory-resident cookies.
>
> If you create the new window from each browser's File tab rather than
> launching a new process, you should see the session being maintained.
>
> Note that this is a browser issue, not a Tomcat issue, so I am marking
> the subject as off-topic for a Tomcat list.
>
> 		- Peter

*Gerard Chiva i Erill*
Prous Science S.A.
Provença 388,