Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/04 12:44:04 UTC

tomcat's jasper compiler and jspc

I am using jspc to pre-compile my struts-based jsps.  I can pre-compile them
just fine and they get placed in the appropriate directories.  What I'm
wondering is if I can "compile" them (convert them to *.class files) as well -
so my appserver doesn't have to do this at runtime?

I tried using javac with jasper.jar and tomcat_util.jar (from tc 3.3.1b1) in my
classpath, but all kinds of errors occur.  I know my jsp's are fine because
they compile and run great when I run my app from the browser.

Thanks,

Matt

http://im.yahoo.com