Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 13:56:33 UTC

Mysql driver download

Hi

I don't know if anyone have noticed or if it is a temporary thing but
the mysql driver dose not seem to be available (as of this writing) from

http://mysql.osuosl.org/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.zip

regards
   peter petersson

Re: Mysql driver download

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com>.
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I don't know if anyone have noticed or if it is a temporary thing but
>> the mysql driver dose not seem to be available (as of this writing) from
>>
>> http://mysql.osuosl.org/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.zip
>>

> Hi Peter,
> Are we pointing to this download from our documentation or admin console?
>
> --kevan
Admin console from 1.1 and up.
It may be a temporary thing or it has to do with resent development that
has triggered OSU to pull it of the OSL.
Expect for Geronimo I think some other projects are using this link to.
regards
   peter petersson

Re: Mysql driver download

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com>.
Donald's changes works good for me so I guess a JIRA is not needed, ty
Donald

At the same location there is a 5.1.7 driver.
http://mysql.mirrors.pair.com/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-5.1.7.zip

Maybe It would be appreciated to add it to the list, keeping the 3.1.12
driver but replacing the really old 3.0.17 driver if needed ?

Is there anybody out there still in need of the convenience of
downloading the 3.0.17 driver from the admin console ?

regards
   peter petersson

Re: Mysql driver download

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mysql driver download

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Looks like that site is no longer serving those files, so I commented it
out of the geronimo/site/trunk/docs/driver-downloads.properties file -

driver.mysql31.url.1=http://mysql.he.net/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.zip
driver.mysql31.url.2=http://mysql.mirrors.pair.com/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.zip
#driver.mysql31.url.3=http://mysql.osuosl.org/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.zip

-Donald