Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/14 22:28:33 UTC

Are there any plans to add more log4languages?

I see we have log4j, log4net, log4php, and log4cxx. How about Python, Ruby,
Perl, etc.? Anything incubating? Anyone interested in working on one?

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Are there any plans to add more log4languages?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
I actually asked the guy behind a log4r, but most of the projects are
pretty
small. It would be a problem to have them here but nobody would be able
to release after Apache standards.

Then there are log4js and log4javascript. However it seems they are fine
to reside where they currently reside. They also seem to be one mans
hows.

What I could think would be great would be an Android optimized mini-jar
for log4j.
But I am not sure if that would be necessary?

On 14 Mar 2014, at 23:03, Matt Sicker wrote:

> Yeah, I started googling for them and found a bunch. Ah well.
>

> On 14 March 2014 16:33, Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Many of those already exist outside of Apache.
>>
>> Scott
>> On Mar 14, 2014 2:29 PM, "Matt Sicker" <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I see we have log4j, log4net, log4php, and log4cxx. How about
>>> Python,
>>> Ruby, Perl, etc.? Anything incubating? Anyone interested in working
>>> on one?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>
>>>

> --
> Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
The Zen Programmer: http://bit.ly/12lC6DL
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Are there any plans to add more log4languages?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.