Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2010/06/02 09:22:11 UTC

Plan for XMLGraphics completed?

Hi,

The home page of XMLGraphics Commons says that we have a plan for
building Apache XML Graphics Commons. Has this plan been completed?
Can this paragraph be deleted now?

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: Plan for XMLGraphics completed?

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
I replaced the two paragraphs with this one:

In the Wiki, we have a <a
href="http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/XmlGraphicsCommonComponents">Roadmap
for Apache XML Graphics Commons</a>.  This roadmap is the place to
describe new ideas for the project.

Simon

Posted by Julien Aymé <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It would be nice to keep a link to the wiki page as a global "Roadmap
/ Vision" page in the XML Graphics page, as an ideal target to
achieve.
For example, the Font support could be moved from FOP to XML Graphics
Commons, to provide NativeTextHandler support for PS generation or
advanced PDF Font support in XML Graphics Commons... (This is my use
case actually, I only use FOP for this ;-) )

The both paragraphs can be deleted.

Regards,
Julien

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.