Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2018/02/06 17:45:38 UTC

Moving the stable pointer to 1.3.1

On the thread "​Considering branching for 1.5 and other branch-1 release
planning
​" Francis Liu, Zach York, and Ashish Singhi are all in favor of moving the
stable pointer forward, based on production and scale testing. Testing with
1.3 we have done at my place of employment also had a positive result: 1.3
survived aggressive tests where 1.1 and 1.2 did not (at the time).

I believe we have arrived at a consensus, so intend to retarget the stable
pointer to the latest 1.3 release, 1.3.1.  After Francis runs the 1.3.2​
release, we will move it to 1.3.2.

Please write in with objections or concerns if you have them and I'll hold
off until the discussion is settled (or if there is an objection).

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: Moving the stable pointer to 1.3.1