Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com> on 2012/06/24 21:46:26 UTC

suggest change line in the custom UI guide

Hi

It tooks me quite some time to find out how to change the host URL of
the cloudstack, in which it end up a very simple solution, add
following lines to the httpd.conf:
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/client/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/client/

The reason took me so long is simply because in the custom UI guide it
does not give this strange answer, instead direct you to the tomcat
home page in which was huge amount of document that I believe most
people like me just want to change it into a domain URL don't even
need of.

I suggest at least put above solution into the guide so that in the
future people don't confuse with the massive tomcat documentation just
because they want to use a domain name for the host URL.

Kind regards.
Lu

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) shown above.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use
of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the
intended addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify this office immediately and
e-mail the original at the sender's address above by replying to this
message and including the text of the transmission received.

Re: suggest change line in the custom UI guide

Posted by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com>.
Hi

Seems if you change the URL as I said in last Email, you can not log
in correctly, I got an error saying invaild password and user name.

Any one has idea why it is happen?

And is there any quick way to change the host URL properly without
reading entire tomcat documentation?

Posted by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com>.
Hi

Sorry, but my idea does not work, it seems to me that the URL(x.x.x.x)
can open the login page, however, if I tried to login, I got an error
saying "invaild username or password"

Same password works on x.x.x.x:8080/client.

Any ideas?

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.