Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com> on 2017/03/07 10:21:23 UTC

[Discuss] 4.10: VR don't come up on Physical KVM host - possible blocker for 4.10

Hello everyone,

We’ve hit this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9811

On our physical hosts environment we’re not able to start the VR, it appears that it’s looking for eth3 configuration but no such is available. We’ve narrowed down the issue only to 4.10, so it must been a change that went in there that is causing this.
Currently this issue is logged as Critical and I’m suggesting we escalate it to Blocker, as it is blocking the user to deploy a VM on a KVM physical host.

Does anyone recall any change that might have caused this?

Please find the logs attached and further details in the bug.

Thanks,
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [Discuss] 4.10: VR don't come up on Physical KVM host - possible blocker for 4.10

Posted by Will Stevens <sw...@apache.org>.
Boris, please test this PR in your environment:

*Will Stevens*

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Guys,

Thanks to Will Stevens we’ve managed to identify that the changes in cs_ip.py introduced in StrongSwan development were causing this blocker. I guess it managed to slip in, since it appears only on physical KVM hosts.

I’ve reverted back to the state of cs_ip.py before the changes and was able to start the VR with this commit:
https://github.com/swill/cloudstack/blob/8b4c36ef501a96742c52b4d532cc3adda25aa71b/systemvm/patches/debian/config/opt/cloud/bin/cs_ip.py

I guess we’ll need to create separate PR to address fixing this issue, and refactor the StrongSwan changes, so that it works with physical KVM hosts. I’ll be happy to assist with testing these changes.

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
@shapeblue