Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Ma...@bcbsil.com on 2011/02/03 21:54:51 UTC

Blog Sample 0.3.0 Itests hanging

Hello,
I just checked out the Aries Sample projects from SVN today. For the
sample Blog I ran maven install. The tests just hang and nothing happens.
I had the same issue with 0.2.0 Incubating as well.

Can some one please take a look at this please? Been stuck on this for a
while! (integration testing is core piece that I need to demonstrate
before my client can adopt the OSGi technology!)

The following is the tail end of the output:
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) @
org.apache.ar
ies.samples.blog.itests ---
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4:testResources
(default-testResources) @ or
g.apache.aries.samples.blog.itests ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
C:\working\aries\samples-0.3\blog\blo
g-itests\src\test\resources
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
C:\working\aries\samples-0.3\blog\blo
g-itests\src\test\filtered-resources
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @
org.a
pache.aries.samples.blog.itests ---
[INFO] Compiling 4 source files to
C:\working\aries\samples-0.3\blog\blog-itests
\target\test-classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.4.3:test (default-test) @
org.apache.aries.sa
mples.blog.itests ---
[INFO] Surefire report directory:
C:\working\aries\samples-0.3\blog\blog-itests\
target\surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.aries.samples.blog.itests.JpaBlogSampleWithEbaTest

Thanks
Matt

HCSC Company Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of
the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)
653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in
Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.

Re: Blog Sample 0.3.0 Itests hanging

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.
+1 for that. I was going to suggest this as well:). By the way, hopefully
this will solve the hang problem reported in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-560.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 for that.

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>     Thanks
>>     Matt
>>
>>     HCSC Company Disclaimer
>>
>>     The information contained in this communication is confidential,
>>     private,
>>     proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the
>>     use of
>>     the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
>>     copying is
>>     strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
>>     communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)
>>     653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in
>>     Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.
>>

>>     Hi Matt,
>>
>>     I recall you reported the hang problem a few days. Are you still
>>     experiencing the hang problem even though you use pax exam 1.2.3

Posted by Ma...@bcbsil.com.
Hi Toni,
This was exactly the problem. Thanks for the answer.

I have been trying to get into the OPS4J malining list for a while! Any
idea how do I sign up?

Thanks
Matt

Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>
02/04/2011 01:13 PM
Please respond to
user@aries.apache.org

user@aries.apache.org
cc

Subject

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

>  T E S T S
> Running org.apache.aries.samples.blog.itests.JpaBlogSampleWithEbaTest
>

> Thanks
> Matt
>
> HCSC Company Disclaimer
>
> The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
> proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of
> the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)
> 653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in
> Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> I recall you reported the hang problem a few days. Are you still
> experiencing the hang problem even though you use pax exam 1.2.3 suggested

Hi Zoe,
I did just that! And it worked. May be Tony can offer a better
explanation?

Thanks
Matt

zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>
02/04/2011 12:33 PM
Please respond to
user@aries.apache.org

user@aries.apache.org
cc

Subject

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
That is a good question.

> [...]

>  T E S T S
> Running org.apache.aries.samples.blog.itests.JpaBlogSampleWithEbaTest
>

> Thanks
> Matt
>
> HCSC Company Disclaimer
>
> The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
> proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of
> the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)
> 653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in
> Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> I recall you reported the hang problem a few days. Are you still
> experiencing the hang problem even though you use pax exam 1.2.3

HI Emily,
I had changed the version of pax-eaxm and pax-exam unit to 1.2.3 inside
the itests/pom.xml  and the tests worked!

Many thanks!

Matt

Matt_Madhavan@bcbsil.com
02/04/2011 12:08 PM