Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <ja...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/31 05:40:02 UTC

How can I let a JSP page show traditional-Chinese words correctly?

Subject: How can I let a JSP page show traditional-Chinese words correctly?
From: "news.basebeans.com" <ju...@intech.com.tw>
 ===
Hi,

    I design a JSP page and I want the page to show traditional-Chinese
words. I had tried to deploy the JSP page with many Chinese words on the
Tomcat 3.x and I browser the page by IE. The Chinese words in the page were
correctly showed. But I deploy the JSP page on the Tomcat (4.04/4.1.7) and
used IE to browse the page. The Chinese Words in the JSP page were showed
incorrectly.
    I had configured the page attribute��<%@ page
contentType="text/html;charset=big5"%>, and meta tage��<meta
http-equiv="Content-Language" content="zh-tw">
configurations in the JSP pages deployed individually on the Tomcat 3.x and
Tomcat 4.x are the same. Why did I upgrade my Tomcat from 3.x to 4.x and the
problem happened. So How can I solve the charset problem in the Tomcat 4.x?
    I tried to change the different charset values, but the Chinese words
was as bad as before.

Judging