Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by h b <hb...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 00:34:02 UTC

Disable session

Hello, I'm new to JSF & Myfaces.  I have written a very simple jsf page that
doesn't require the session.  My backing bean has a request scope.  However
when I check the number of sessions (using tomcat manager) I see that the
application has a session.  Can you please help me figure out how I can
disable session?

my jsf page start with:
<%@ page session="false" language="java" contentType="text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
my web.xml has the following:
<context-param>
    <description>State saving method: "client" or "server" (= default)
            See JSF Specification 2.5.3</description>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>client</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.USE_ENCRYPTION</param-name>
     <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>

Thanks