Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/27 20:55:51 UTC

[meecrowave] did you know? tomcat and SSLHostConfig reload?

Hi guys,

Did you notice SSLHostConfig is .... reloadable?

Means we can have a let's encrypt extension!

Anyone motivated to hack it? If not i can give it a try after microprofile
work

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: [meecrowave] did you know? tomcat and SSLHostConfig reload?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

pushed some PoC for lets encrypt integration. I don't have a domain anymore
ATM to test so I would be happy to get some help on that phase before we
release.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
PS (if you are interested):
https://github.com/rmannibucau/letsencrypt-manager should be pretty close
to work, just need some love to be MW friendly:

- config to use meecrowave options (--letsencrypt-xxxx) and make most of
the code using config instead of hardcoded values
- automatically activate jmx or just lookup Meecrowave instance then do
getTomcat() etc to find the tomcat Endpoint to call reloadSSLConfigs
instead of using JMX (+1 to not use jmx btw)
- use a valve to handle let's encrypt file serving instead of assuming
webapps/ will serve the file (well known file)
- (to study) drop acme lib and just do it since we have a nice jaxrs client
and json lib
- find a way to test it somehow?

Romain Manni-Bucau