Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> on 2013/03/03 04:10:49 UTC

Rave Package Structure

As we start the process of creating the new rest api separate from the
portal I wanted to ask about the current package structure. We have some
basic classes in the org.apache.rave package (rave-commons) but the vast
majority of the code resides in org.apache.rave.portal and it's
sub-packages. Since the current plan is to have a core module and a
separate portal module would anyone object to creating/moving the items
required for the core module into the org.apache.rave package and
sub-packages and save org.apache.rave.portal for the portal module? Another
alternative would be org.apache.rave.core.

An example of the changes would be:
 - org.apache.rave.portal.model would move to org.apache.rave.model
 - org.apache.rave.portal.service would move to org.apache.rave.service

We may also want to change rave-core to rave-core-api and move the default
implementations to rave-core-impl to get a complete separation of api/impl.

Chris

Re: Rave Package Structure

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Chris Geer wrote:

> As we start the process of creating the new rest api separate from the
> portal I wanted to ask about the current package structure. We have some
> basic classes in the org.apache.rave package (rave-commons) but the vast
> majority of the code resides in org.apache.rave.portal and it's
> sub-packages. Since the current plan is to have a core module and a
> separate portal module would anyone object to creating/moving the items
> required for the core module into the org.apache.rave package and
> sub-packages and save org.apache.rave.portal for the portal module? Another
> alternative would be org.apache.rave.core.

I am all for rearranging the packages and projects.

> An example of the changes would be:
>  - org.apache.rave.portal.model would move to org.apache.rave.model
>  - org.apache.rave.portal.service would move to org.apache.rave.service
>
> We may also want to change rave-core to rave-core-api and move the default
> implementations to rave-core-impl to get a complete separation of api/impl.
>
> What would be in API, just the interfaces?  Would it include all models,
or only those necessary for the core?