Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Markus Losoi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 14:31:30 UTC

Development environments

Hi

Are there any guides to set up a development environment, e.g., Eclipse, to
develop Spark (i.e., not programs that utilize Spark but Spark itself)?

Best regards,
Markus Losoi (markus.losoi@gmail.com)

Re: Development environment

Posted by Mike <sp...@good-with-numbers.com>.
Markus Losoi wrote:
> Are there any guides to set up a development environment, e.g.,
> Eclipse, to develop Spark

For Eclipse, you check out the repository, run "sbt/sbt eclipse", and
import the projects (with sub-projects) into your workspace.  I think
this is standard for Git+SBT+Eclipse.

Eclipse is a trade-off: Scala IDE has useful search features as of
3.0.1, which requires Scala 2.10, which isn't mainstream in Spark yet.

Re: Development environments

Posted by Andre Schumacher <sc...@icsi.berkeley.edu>.
Hi Markus,

have a look at the bottom of this wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark

IntelliJ IDEA seems to be quite popular (that I am using myself)
although Eclipse should work fine, too. There is another sbt plugin for
generating Eclipse project files.

Andre