Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by "Ly, Kiet" <Ki...@finra.org> on 2016/04/12 15:20:51 UTC

Hive Runner

I didn't see Hive runner in Beam. Is there a plan for Hive runner component?

Confidentiality Notice::  This email, including attachments, may include non-public, proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information.  If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in or transmitted with this e-mail is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete this e-mail, its attachments, and any copies of it immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you.

Re: Hive Runner

Posted by Zahoor Mohamed J <za...@zahoor.in>.
Great... Please share the details and I am open to help

./Zahoor@iPhone

Re: Hive Runner

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Hive Runner

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Actually, I started to work on it ;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Hive Runner

Posted by James Malone <ja...@google.com.INVALID>.

Re: Hive Runner

Posted by Zahoor Mohamed J <za...@zahoor.in>.
That brings me to MapReduce runner... Any one working on that... Iam interested in helping and learning here.. Any pointers to start looking at .... To design a MapReduce runner?

./Zahoor@iPhone

> On 12-Apr-2016, at 7:42 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
> We can imagine to translate some Fn (DoPar) as Hive/SQL statements. I don't think it's super interesting, but why not.
>
> On the other hand, definitely, we will provide an IO for Hive.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> On 04/12/2016 04:04 PM, Aljoscha Krettek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> what do you mean by Hive Runner? AFAIK Hive provides an SQL like interface
>> to data while execution is handled either by a MapReduce backend or the
>> newer Tez backend. Therefore I don't think it makes sense to put Beam on
>> Hive.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aljoscha
>>
>>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 at 15:38 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> you are right: for now, we have runners for spark, flink, google cloud
>>> platform.
>>>
>>> Some work are in progress to provide MapReduce, Gearpump runners. And
>>> we're also preparing a Runner API to simplify the way of writing runners.
>>>
>>> On the other hand, we will improve the website to provide a better
>>> visibility on the Beam support (current and coming runners, IOs,
>>> SDKs/DSLs).
>>>
>>> If you are interested to work on a Hive runner, please let me know, we
>>> love contribution !
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Re: Hive Runner