Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/12/19 20:35:54 UTC

[Log4j] Incorrect information about markers in SLF4J documentation

I just realized that the documentation for SLF4J contain incorrect
information about markers:

https://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#marker_interface
https://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#fatal

It says that only Logback support markers, while in fact Log4j 2 also
supports it.

Maybe we should report a bug? https://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#fatal

Re: [Log4j] Incorrect information about markers in SLF4J documentation

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 19, 2017 14:15, "Ralph Goers" <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Yes, that is indeed incorrect and should be reported.

Good catch! Yes, please do report it, providing a patch would be best.

Gary

Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.