Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/05 10:46:40 UTC

Python Contrib

Hi,

The Python contrib should be maintained in sync with the Java version
or it should be removed completely in the future?

--
Andrei Savu -- http://www.andreisavu.ro/

Re: Python Contrib

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrei,

Ideally the Python version would be maintained with the Java version,
but I haven't had time to do this, as I've been focusing on bringing
the Java version up to feature parity. It would be great if someone
wanted to pick this up though. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-83 for a start.

In general, contrib modules are less well supported than the main
code, and some deviation may be expected. However, if a module ceases
to provide value for users then we might consider removing it in the
future. What do others think?

Cheers,
Tom