Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Fohl <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/23 22:40:04 UTC

commit error

A user here is getting this error when attempting to commit within
Eclipse using the Subversion plugin:

"error occurred while visiting resource: {0}"

No one else is having this problem, and a search of the mailing list
turned up nothing.  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Commit error

Posted by Shaun Crampton <Sh...@metaswitch.com>.
I'm hitting the same problem as Alessandro below.  I have drive W: mapped to a local directory on drive C:.  If I try to check in two files in different directories on W: then I get the same error.

I'm using svn version 1.5.4 on Windows XP.

Is there an issue filed for this bug?

-Shaun

----

From: Alessandro Freschi <aledeveloper_at_gmail.com <mailto:aledeveloper_at_gmail.com?Subject=Re:%20Commit%20error> >
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:55:19 +0200

I have done some other tests and error occurrs only when common path
is the name of network share "\\server\Working"

This command generate an error:

svn ci -m "Test" "\\server\Working\Test1\file1.txt"
"\\server\Working\Test2\file2.txt"

This command work correctly:

svn ci -m "Test" "\\server\Working\Data\Test1\file1.txt"
"\\server\Working\Data\Test2\file2.txt"

Alessandro

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=984391