Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by ma...@sympatico.ca on 2006/09/05 21:33:09 UTC

multiple network cards

Hi,

I am in need of some information on the following scenario.

Scenario:  Derby installed as a network server on a machine with multiple network cards.
Only one database set up on this machine.

Is it possible to connect to the single database via all the different IPs (one for each network card)?

Thanks

-mike

Re: multiple network cards

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.
You will find all the details you need in "Derby Server and
Administration Guide"

Quote (on derby.drda.host): "If the property is set to 0.0.0.0, Network
Server will listen on all interfaces."

mawatson@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in need of some information on the following scenario.
>
> Scenario:  Derby installed as a network server on a machine with multiple network cards.
> Only one database set up on this machine.
>
> Is it possible to connect to the single database via all the different IPs (one for each network card)?
>
> Thanks
>
> -mike

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway