Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net> on 2001/11/20 21:51:17 UTC

Building modxxx under Win32

I have successfully compiled a custom filter under Linux environment
using apxs.  How do I compile it under Win32 (or where is apxs under
Win32)?  It complains about unresolved references, such as...

mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_hook_handler@16
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__apr_palloc@8
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_add_cgi_vars@4
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_add_common_vars@4
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__apr_table_get@8
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_setup_client_block@8
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_should_client_block@4
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_get_client_block@12
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__apr_table_add@12
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _apr_pstrdup
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__apr_table_set@12
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_rwrite@12
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ap_rflush@4
mod_filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__apr_pcalloc@8

Re: Building modxxx under Win32

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>.
Because Apache 2.0 apxs was ported to libtool/autoconf, the 1.3 apxs fixes
no longer apply.  There is presently no apxs support on win32.

Look at any example .dsp, such as mod_status.dsp and the dependencies
defined by Apache.dsw.  For the most part, simply adding libapr.lib,
libaprutil.lib and libhttpd.lib (with the corresponding libpath) will
let you avoid using workspace/project dependencies.

Bill