Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by A Z <po...@live.com.au> on 2018/09/19 06:57:30 UTC

***UNCHECKED*** Netbeans and OS console capturing issue.

If I use:

ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder("java", "-Xmx8192m", "-cp", "dist/MemoryLauncher.jar", "Project.Main");

the Netbeans console will detect both Main methods, but the default Windows console won't.  If I use:

ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder("java", "-Xmx8192m", "-cp", "MemoryLauncher.jar", "Project.Main");

The the Windows console will detect both Main methods, but the Netbeans console won't.

Is there one command or one approach so that both console will detect the second invocation for Project.Main?

---

I don't know, but the reason why is clear -- on the command line, you're running your Launcher from a JAR file, while in NetBeans what you're running is the compiled Launcher.class in the 'build' folder.

Gj

--

-Is there anyone else on the Netbeans users email list who can offer me a better solution to my issue?
Or should I just forget about this linking to both consoles, use Netbeans to test and finish my programs,

***UNCHECKED*** Re: Netbeans and OS console capturing issue.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Not sure how there can be a better solution (you're welcome, by the way) --
in NetBeans you are not running JAR files, you are running compiled source
code; on the command line, you are running JAR files.

Thanks,

Gj