Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2014/07/21 21:18:55 UTC

[lucy-dev] Re: [1/2] git commit: Fix CFCUtil_warn to not use fprintf

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:20 AM,  <nw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Fix CFCUtil_warn to not use fprintf
>
> Under ActivePerl/MSVC, the call to fprintf caused a crash. This is
> probably due to a combination of
>
> - Perl redefining fprintf and/or stderr
> - Different MSVCRT versions used to compile Perl and Clownfish
>
> Switching to Perl's warnings API fixes the crash.
>
> Also use the simpler vcroak for CFCUtil_die.

I had a competing commit for this problem which used `warn` rather than
`vwarn` because I saw that `vwarn` didn't appear in perlapi until perl 5.14.
However, the build succeeded with Perl 5.10.0, and the ppport.h generated by
the version of Devel::PPPort which ships with 5.10.0 (which is the version we
require as a prereq) contains vwarn.

Therefore, this commit is superior and I'll go zap mine.

Marvin Humphrey