Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julio Castillo <jc...@showevidence.com> on 2012/03/08 01:00:20 UTC

Suggester configuration question

New to Solr (3.5.0). I have one simple question.

How do I extend the configuration to perform suggestions on more than
one field?

I'm using the following solrconfig.xml (taken from the online Wiki
documentation).

<!-- Suggester -->
<searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
<lst name="spellchecker">
<str name="name">suggest</str>
<str name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.Suggester</str>
<str name="lookupImpl">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.tst.TSTLookup</str>
<str name="field">firstName</str>

<float name="threshold">0.005</float>
<str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
</lst>
</searchComponent>

<requestHandler name="/suggest"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
<lst name="defaults">
<str name="spellcheck">true</str>
<str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>
<str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">true</str>
<str name="spellcheck.count">5</str>
<str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
</lst>
<arr name="components">
<str>suggest</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>

It all works fine for the field: firstName specified above, but I'm at a
loss if I want to expand it to cover additional fields (e.g. lastName in
my schema).

thanks

** julio