Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Kim Garcia <js...@hotmail.com> on 2011/03/07 18:56:24 UTC

getEnumeration() doesn't always return entire queue

Hello,

I have a static ring queue which I am polling for messages. I created a QueueBrowser object and use it to call getEnumeration() to get all of the messages on the queue. This is in a while loop and I have it sleep for a short while in between iterations. Also I am using MRG 1.3.

According to the JMS API getEnumeration() is supposed to return all of the messages currently on the queue. I have found this not to be true. Sometimes it does return all of the messages and other times it only returns the newest few hundred. It's random as to how much it returns. I saw some statements online that there is a 200 message limit, but I have seen it return several thousand at a time. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thank you.

RE: getEnumeration() doesn't always return entire queue

Posted by Kim Garcia <js...@hotmail.com>.
PS. I am using Java 1.6