Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/12 21:58:09 UTC

[VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper

It is time for a promotion vote for Commons SCXML [1], whose initial
project proposal is archived here [2].

A proposal for the promotion of this component that contained a
release plan [3], was posted about 3 weeks ago, and that thread is
archived here (amongst other places):

Lets move SCXML to Proper. This vote will remain open for a minimum of 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Move SCXML to Commons Proper
[ ] +0 I am fine with this move
[ ] -0 I am not too keen, because ...
[ ] -1 I am against this move, because ...

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/PROPOSAL.html
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/1.0.0ReleasePlan

Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

(for the record)

-Rahul

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

> In the mean time, if you have browsed through Commons SCXML and have
> suggestions for improvement, let me know. Careful, that might risk
> making you a believer though ;-)

I'll see if I can free up some time to dig into it, but currently lacking a use case for myself though..

> This vote had been veto'ed, but other independent opinions on this
> promotion are most welcome. I'll produce the [RESULT] email when I'm
> back.

+1 on the other opinions being welcome.

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/13/06, Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reaction Rahul, but I needed some thinking and some waiting time.
>
> The reason why I waited is to see if it got support from other people and uptill now, no one reacted
> to the vote (maybe it's a busy time).
>
> Currently I am -1 on the move to proper.
>
> Reasons :
>
> - Not much happening on the lists yet (meaning diversity of people discussing scxml)
> - Only one maintainer/committer (Jaroslav Gergic has a listed CLA, but was not active on any
> commons mailinglist)
> - No real support (yet) from the fellow commons committers.
>
> The component is still young and probably just needs time to get the above happen.
>
> As far as I can judge things about SCXML, I think you are doing a great job, the last thing I want
> to happen is to discourage you with my -1 on the move happening now.

<snip/>

No worries, I don't discourage easy :-)

I will start another thread early next week (I'm on my way out and
unavailable this weekend) about some of your points above, so we
(Commons) can figure out what, if any, are the next steps -- since
this gates future RDC releases, therefore stalling hurts more than
just Commons SCXML.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/17/06, Tim OBrien <to...@discursive.com> wrote:
> Add mine to the mix just for the record
>
> +0 at this time, I don't anticipate this not making it out of sandbox, but I'd like to help solve
> the only one committer issue before we promote.

<snip/>

Cool, feel free to add yourself to the project POM if and when you wish.

> ...and I just have some questions about committing to this public contract  in a 1.0 release.

<snap/>

Yup, all those will have to be addressed before any release.

Posted by Tim OBrien <to...@discursive.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.