Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Joe1 <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/05 02:16:57 UTC

Where is the notification broker in MUSE?

hi,

I am new to WS-N and muse, so my question might be shallow.

WS-N specification specifies 3 parties: producer, consumer and notification
broker.
My question is: if MUSE implements the WS-N specification, where is the
broker part? and How does it work?
Anyone can give me an example?
According to WS-N spec, the producer and broker on be on different servers.

thanks very much.
Joe.

Re: Where is the notification broker in MUSE?

Posted by Balan Subramanian <bs...@us.ibm.com>.
Muse uses a SubscriptionManager resource type to do the brokering .i.e.
keeping track of the subscriptions and allowing new consumers to
subscribe. This is implemented as a separate resource so if you have two
notification producer resource types defined in your muse.xml they will
both use the same subscriptionmanager resource.

You can try this out either by hand or by using the Eclipse tooling for
WSDM. When you generate code you will see that the tooling figures that
you have notification producers in your definition and will automatically
add the subscription manager for you.

If you want them to be on separate servers then you will have to do a
custom implementation..

Balan Subramanian
Autonomic Computing, IBM, RTP, NC
919.543.0197 | bsubram@us.ibm.com