Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 23:42:14 UTC

Re: Thoughts about DOSGI 1.3.2 release

Hi David, All

So far I'm really behind the target of getting DOSGI 1.3.2 released
around this time of the year. I'm managed to get a bit of time and
resolved DOSGI-111, however it's difficult for me right now to
prioritize on other DOSGI JIRAs - I'm a bit overwhelmed with the current
and the incoming (JAX-)RS related tasks. Somehow, Jettison
1.3.2 will have to be released as well.

However I'm intending to keep the process going - the plan is to attempt
to fix at least one specific JIRA, particularly to do with managing
multiple contexts, etc, every 2 or so weeks. Not perfect :-), but there
will be some progress.

David, I've seen you creating a new subsystem distribution.
Will it let us drop a single bundle distro ?

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 12/07/12 10:10, David Bosschaert wrote:
> On 11 July 2012 22:42, Sergey Beryozkin<sb...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi David, All
>>
>> So far I'm really behind the target of getting DOSGI 1.3.2 released around
>> this time of the year. I'm managed to get a bit of time and resolved
>> DOSGI-111, however it's difficult for me right now to prioritize on other
>> DOSGI JIRAs - I'm a bit overwhelmed with the current and the incoming
>> (JAX-)RS related tasks. Somehow, Jettison
>> 1.3.2 will have to be released as well.
>>
>> However I'm intending to keep the process going - the plan is to attempt to
>> fix at least one specific JIRA, particularly to do with managing multiple
>> contexts, etc, every 2 or so weeks. Not perfect :-), but there will be some
>> progress.
>>
>> David, I've seen you creating a new subsystem distribution.
>> Will it let us drop a single bundle distro ?
>
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Yes I started on the subsystem distro. This will be usable with
> implementations of the OSGi Enterprise R5 subsystem specification [1].
> Currently the build process is not ideal and contains some hardcoded
> stuff, so the subsystem distribution is not ready. There has been some
> discussion in the Aries user list in relation to a maven plugin that
> will smoothen this out [2].
> The subsystem distro will combine the convenience of the single bundle
> distro with the modularity of the multi-bundle distro. The best of
> both worlds :)
> However, I'm not sure whether it will completely replace the single
> bundle distro. It requires a subsystem implementation to be present in
> the OSGi framework and not everyone may have this.

OK. I guess having a subsystem distribution is still a good thing,
perhaps, in a few years time, it will become the only distribution.

> Additionally, I added some stuff in the discovery area:
> * Fixed a NPE when remote services with non-supported service
> registration properties were put in the Discovery Server.
> * Added a Discovery Plugin (experimental) that allows the
> transformation of discovery information.

Great, by the way, the blog about the cloud stuff is also cool.

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.