Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Firmin David <da...@capco.com> on 2001/12/05 19:42:08 UTC

Writing to the ActionServlet response

Hi All,
I'm keen to be able to write out a dynamically generated file to the client.

Is there a way I can write it straight to the ActionServlet response from
the Struts Action.perform() method I'm in, or is there a better way?
I know I have access to the response in the perform method, but will writing
straight to it really work??

Thanks and regards
Dave

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender of this email
immediately. You should not copy, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com

Re: Writing to the ActionServlet response

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, you can write to the response directly, but then be sure to return
"null" from your perform method.

Sean