Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mariusz Wojtarek <Ma...@support-online.pl> on 2022/05/27 08:09:23 UTC

Cludstack vm backup

Hi,

I am using cloudstack with kvm should dummy backup works with vms host on kvm ? when I try to make backup using dummy it not working, every backup size is 1GB.

________________________________
Support OnLine Sp. z o.o., ul. Poleczki 23, 02-822 Warszawa, NIP: 951-20-32-692, Regon: 017431965, KRS: 0000078497,
XIII Wydzia? Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru S?dowego w Warszawie, Kapita? zak?adowy: 50 000 PLN - op?acony w pe?nej wysoko?ci.
W przypadku podania w ramach niniejszej korespondencji Pa?stwa danych osobowych, prosimy zapozna? si? z nast?puj?c? informacj? https://www.support-online.pl/dane-osobowe
In case any of your private data was included within this conversation, please consult this website https://www.support-online.pl/en/personal-data

Re: Cludstack vm backup

Posted by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>.
Hlello,

Wbat about KVM?

Regards.

Re: Cludstack vm backup

Posted by Antoine Boucher <an...@haltondc.com>.
Projects like this one may be interesting in the near future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg40h1YjALk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg40h1YjALk>

-Antoine

Re: Odp: Odp: Cludstack vm backup

[2] http://www.support-online.pl/

Posted by Gregoire LAMODIERE <g....@dimsi.fr>.
Dear All,

I don’t know if it’s relevant for your use-case, but we (DIMSI) are working on a KVM backup solution, which is working fine so far (and is in use for our infrastructure).

If interested : https://github.com/DIMSI-IS/BackROLL/

Next step will be to have a better integration within CS, any help / contribution highly appreciated.

Grégoire

[...]

[cid:18105bef061cea7e0a31]
---
Nux
www.nux.ro<http://www.nux.ro>

Od: Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>
Data: piątek, 27 maja 2022 o 11:31
Do: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
DW: Mariusz Wojtarek <Ma...@support-online.pl>
Temat: Re: Odp: Cludstack vm backup<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Thers is no backup driver for KVM at this time and there is none in development either, afaik.<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

You could always count on the volume snapshot feature, especially if you stick to single-disk/volume VMs.<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

 <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

HTH<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

www.nux.ro<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

 <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

On 2022-05-27 09:34, Mariusz Wojtarek wrote:<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

So there is no backup solution for machines hosted on kvm ? <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku.<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Mariusz Wojtarek<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Administrator iT<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

P: 22 335 28 00  <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

E: mariusz.wojtarek@support-online.pl<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

www.support-online.pl<https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Poleczki 23 | 02-822 Warszawa <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku.   Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku. <https://www.facebook.com/Support-Online-147141642016372>

Od: Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>
Data: piątek, 27 maja 2022 o 10:24
Do: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by "Vash_X@gmx.de" <Va...@gmx.de>.

On 2022-05-27 10:41, Mariusz Wojtarek wrote:

> I look for solution with schedule option, as I know snaphost can be
> done only on demand
>
> Mariusz Wojtarek
>
> Administrator iT
>
> P: 22 335 28 00
>
> E: mariusz.wojtarek@support-online.pl
>
> www.support-online.pl [1]
>
> Poleczki 23 | 02-822 Warszawa
>
> [2]    [3]
>
> Od: Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>
> Data: piątek, 27 maja 2022 o 11:31
> Do: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
> DW: Mariusz Wojtarek <Ma...@support-online.pl>
> Temat: Re: Odp: Cludstack vm backup
>
> Thers is no backup driver for KVM at this time and there is none in
> development either, afaik.
>
> You could always count on the volume snapshot feature, especially if
> you stick to single-disk/volume VMs.
>
> HTH
>
> ---
>
> Nux
> www.nux.ro [5]
>
> On 2022-05-27 09:34, Mariusz Wojtarek wrote:
>
>> So there is no backup solution for machines hosted on kvm ?
>>
>> Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku.
>>
>> Mariusz Wojtarek
>>
>> Administrator iT
>>
>> P: 22 335 28 00
>>
>> E: mariusz.wojtarek@support-online.pl
>>
>> www.support-online.pl [1]
>>
>> Poleczki 23 | 02-822 Warszawa
>>
>> Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku. [2]   Błąd! Nie podano nazwy pliku. [3]
>>
>> Od: Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>
>> Data: piątek, 27 maja 2022 o 10:24
>> Do: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
>> Temat: Re: Cludstack vm backup
>>
>> Hi Mariusz,
>>
>> The dummy backup plugin is only for tests. Only the Veeam backup
>> provider
>> is supported for now by CS, which works with VMware HW.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Slavka
>>
>> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 11:09 AM Mariusz Wojtarek <
>> Mariusz.Wojtarek@support-online.pl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using cloudstack with kvm should dummy backup works with vms
>>> host on
>>> kvm ? when I try to make backup using dummy it not working, every
>>> backup
>>> size is 1GB.
>>>

>>> ________________________________
>>> Support OnLine Sp. z o.o., ul. Poleczki 23, 02-822 Warszawa, NIP:
>>> 951-20-32-692, Regon: 017431965, KRS: 0000078497,
>>> XIII Wydzia? Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru S?dowego w Warszawie,
>>> Kapita?
>>> zak?adowy: 50 000 PLN - op?acony w pe?nej wysoko?ci.
>>> W przypadku podania w ramach niniejszej korespondencji Pa?stwa danych
>>> osobowych, prosimy zapozna? si? z nast?puj?c? informacj?
>>> https://www.support-online.pl/dane-osobowe
>>> In case any of your private data was included within this
>>> conversation,
>>> please consult this website
>>> https://www.support-online.pl/en/personal-data [4]

Links: