Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/09/13 19:06:14 UTC

Re[2]: __USING COYOTE JK__

Hello John,

You might want to note in your docs that there is a bug with the
Coyote ajp13 connector in Tomcat-4.1.10 and previous versions which
makes it so that getRemoteUser() *always* returns null even when the
tomcatAuthentication="false" parameter is added to the Coyote AJP
config.

Tomcat-4.1.11 (and current nightlies) has this fixed.

Jake

Friday, September 13, 2002, 8:17:55 AM, you wrote:

TJ> There's quite a bit more than that in the Tomcat docs:

TJ> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html

TJ> Also, you can try my HOWTOs:

TJ> http://www.johnturner.com/howto

TJ> John

Best regards,

Re: Re[2]: __USING COYOTE JK__

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Jacob Kjome wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> You might want to note in your docs that there is a bug with the
> Coyote ajp13 connector in Tomcat-4.1.10 and previous versions which
> makes it so that getRemoteUser() *always* returns null even when the
> tomcatAuthentication="false" parameter is added to the Coyote AJP
> config.
>
> Tomcat-4.1.11 (and current nightlies) has this fixed.

Wasn't 4.1.10 the first 4.1.X version that was declared a "production"
release?  I find that odd, considering that I've seen reports of a
couple/three basic/serious bugs (like the above) in it.  The
tomcat/jakarta web pages still show 4.1.10 as the current production
quality release for servlet/jsp specs 2.3/1.2.

> Friday, September 13, 2002, 8:17:55 AM, you wrote:
>

> TJ> There's quite a bit more than that in the Tomcat docs:
>
> TJ> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html
>
> TJ> Also, you can try my HOWTOs:
>
> TJ> http://www.johnturner.com/howto
>
> TJ> John