Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Siddharth Ubale <si...@syncoms.com> on 2016/06/29 10:27:02 UTC

Number of Columns in Phoenix Table

Hi ,

Is there any limit on the number of columns that can be stored in a Phoenix table where all the columns are qualifiers of a single Column family ?
I would like to create a table which will scale horizontally with dynamic columns and should not be more than 2500 columns , each of these columns will be column qualifier for one column family in hbase table.
I intend to store data in only 100 columns of the 2500 created columns for each row  as the remaining will not serve any purpose for the row data.
How would phoenix perform in such a situation?

Thanks,
Siddharth Ubale,

RE: Number of Columns in Phoenix Table

Posted by Siddharth Ubale <si...@syncoms.com>.
Hi Mujtaba,

Thanks for the reply.
Can you please share how many rows does your table store and is the row count increasing on a daily basis?

Thanks,
Siddharth Ubale

Posted by Mujtaba Chohan <mu...@apache.org>.